Exciting Job Opportunity with the Miramichi Salmon Association
Reporting to the Vice-President, you will lead and administer all aspects of the MSA’s Event Fundraising program, working closely with local volunteers to maximize event participation and revenue income, while ensuring positive Brand promotion and experience for attendees. You will also be responsible for coordinating and delivering the MSA’s Membership Services programs and activities, including maintaining donor/membership records and donor recognition programs as well as generating new donors/members. Finally, as part of a small but collaborative team, you will also assist with daily communication and office administration responsibilities.
Work Experience/Major Responsibilities
- As a confident and experienced individual, you will provide sound input and leadership into the planning, coordination, delivery and evaluation of all MSA fundraising events and membership services programs.
- Your positive and outgoing personality will allow you to work comfortably with Directors, volunteers and donors. This same asset will also insure your success in identifying and recruiting new event volunteers and supporters.
- You have experience in planning, coordinating and implementing fundraising events including organizing/facilitation of event committee meetings; developing marketing plans; negotiating service provider contracts; securing required permits; producing event promotional materials; ticket sales and solicitation of prizes, donations, and sponsorships; and pre & post event record keeping.
- You have experience in the management and use of client/customer-focused database management software that tracks, recognizes and rewards client/customer involvement and activity; experience with donor-based software such as Raisers Edge or Donor Perfect would be a real asset. Your experience also includes development, design and production of client/membership marketing and promotional materials, in both print and electronic formats.
- Your creative thinking and excellent writing skills will help you create and generate compelling communication material in both print and electronic formats. Your experience with social media will also allow to you build and manage internet-based campaigns that will generate new membership interest and support, maintain positive relations with existing MSA members/donors, and finally network and share real-time information concerning upcoming MSA events and conservation activities. A working knowledge of WordPress or other website management platforms would be a definite asset.
- You have a proven track record of being able to work independently, without a lot of supervision, and you enjoy the challenges of having to balance and prioritize a broad and diverse work load.
- You are comfortable and confident in making cold calls and/or solicitations, giving public presentations and/or speaking at public events or forums.
- Work experience has taught you to exercise sound judgment, being both discreet and respectful of fundraising protocols and donor confidentiality.
- Being a team player means your flexibility and well roundedness will easily accommodate your taking on other assigned duties and tasks as identified and requested by your supervisor.
- Finally, your appreciation for the need to sustain and conserve our wild and natural resources will serve to motivate and more personally engage you in this exciting professional position as well as within the broader conservation community that you will be working.
- Post-secondary diploma required, preferably with a post-secondary degree, in a related field such as Business or Marketing, Public or Community Relations, Communications, Event Planning, etc.).
- Three to five years of experience working with a not-for-profit organization or community services group, preferably in the areas of fundraising and or client/membership services.
- Strong computer and IT skills; proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, etc., data-entry and batch processing experience, competent working with donor/client-based software and programs, and strong working knowledge of web and social media platforms.
- Overnight travel often required: occasional weekend work is also necessary.
- Bilingualism an asset, but not required.
Location: Miramichi City (South Esk) is preferred.
Compensation: A competitive salary, based on experience and subject to performance reviews. A basic health and insurance (benefits) package is also provided. No pension plan is offered.
Applications: To be considered for this full-time position please use the “Apply Now” button.
Applications must be received by no later than January 20, 2016.
The MSA thanks you in advance for your interest in this position, however will only be contacting those individuals it wishes to interview.
Giv’er Miramichi is about “What’s up, what’s new, what’s happening”. We are focused on building people up, supporting one another and celebrating our successes.