Nine tips for advancing on the path of spiritual growth:
1. Read spiritual and uplifting books. Think about what you read, and find out how you can use the information in your life.
2. Learn to make your mind quiet through concentration exercises and meditation.
3. Acknowledge the fact that you are a spirit with a physical body, not a physical body with a spirit. If you can really accept this idea, it will change your attitude towards many things in your life.
4. Look often into yourself and into your mind, and try to find out what is it that makes you feel conscious and alive.
5. Think positive. If you find yourself thinking negatively, immediately switch to thinking positively. Be in control of what enters your mind. Open the door for the positive and close it for the negative.
6. Develop the happiness habit, by always looking at the bright side of life and endeavoring to be happy. Happiness comes from within. Do not let your outer circumstances decide your happiness for you.
7. Exercise often your will power and decision making ability. This strengthens you and gives you control over your mind.
8. Thank the Universe for everything that you get.
9. Develop tolerance, patience, tact and consideration for others.
Giv’er Miramichi is about “What’s up, what’s new, what’s happening”. We are focused on building people up, supporting one another and celebrating our successes.