A CELEBRATION OF EXCELLENCE – RCAF GOLDEN HAWK APPRECIATION
Canada’s first official, full-time national aerobatic team, the RCAF Golden Hawks, was formed in Miramichi (Chatham), New Brunswick in 1959 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of powered flight in Canada and the 35th anniversary of the Royal Canadian Air Force.
After completing five highly successful seasons in front of millions of admiring fans, the team was recognized during Canada’s Centennial year with the dedication of a Sabre painted in Golden Hawk colours and markings at an event at RCAF Station Chatham. On June 15th of this year, the team was inducted into Canada’s Aviation Hall of Fame in the Belt of Orion – Award for Excellence category.
We invite you to join the Lieutenant Governor of New Brunswick, the Honourable Jocelyne Roy-Vienneau, and members of the Golden Hawks on September 16, 2017 at the Rodd Miramichi River Hotel located at 1809 Water Street in Miramichi, NB as we commemorate the 50th anniversary of Golden Hawk Appreciation Day and celebrate the team’s recent induction into Canada’s Aviation Hall of Fame. Our Guest Speaker will be Major General Blaise Frawley, the incoming Deputy Commander of the RCAF.
- Tickets are $75 each or $125/ couple
- A complimentary, limited edition souvenir program book will be provided containing a special tribute to the Golden Hawks
- Cocktails at 5:30 pm followed by dinner at 7:00 pm
- Dress is Business Formal
- Maple-Butternut Squash Soup
- Seared Scallop accompanied by sriracha glaze, bacon-blue cheese emulsion and house chimichurri
- Pomegranate Granita
- Stuffed Chicken Breast, or
- Seafood Duo – Seared Moroccan Salmon topped with Grilled Shrimp Skewer and Spicy Pear Chutney
- Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
- Local NB Vegetables
- Rolls, Coffee/ Tea
- Golden Hawk Appreciation 50th Anniversary Cake
You must RSVP, no later than September 1, 2017 by contacting Captain (ret’d) Kevin Anderson by phone at (506) 625-4925 or via email at email@example.com. Tickets can be paid by cheque or money order made out to “New Brunswick Aviation Museum, Inc” or via email money transfer. If you RSVP that you will attend, your tickets will be available for pick-up at the registration desk located in the main hallway of the Rodd Inn. Be prepared to show ID if requested.
We look forward to seeing you this September!
The post A CELEBRATION OF EXCELLENCE – RCAF GOLDEN HAWK APPRECIATION appeared first on Giver on the River.