4 Hours at French Fort Cove – Bike Miramichi Event
On September 16th, 2018 Velo NB and Bike Miramichi hosted their Annual 4 Hour French Fort Cove Mountain Bike Event.
The main loop for the event was 10.8 km and the youth category had a 6km loop.
Participants of the event must do as many laps as they can around the designated loop they’ve signed up for in the 4 hour time frame.
If a participant or team finish a loop at 3h 59 mins, they can continue to do one more lap if they wish.
This year’s event included cash prizes of:
- $25 for participants that placed 1st, 2nd and 3rd places, as well as attendance prizes.
The event had 44 registered participants.
The event comprised of 5 groups:
- Solo Males (35 participants)
- Solo Female (2 participants)
- Team Adult ( 2 teams of 2 participants each)
- Team Adult + Youth (2 teams of 1 adult + 1 youth each)
- Team Youth ( 3 teams of 2 participants each)
Race results were as followed:
- 1st place- #1 André Landry (Independent participant) 8 Laps (80pts) Time: 04:22:17.2
- 2nd place- #113 Terry Tomlin (Oakley Atlantic Racing) 8 Laps (70pts) Time: 04:25:34.9
- 3rd place- #3 Christian Charette (The Radical Edge) 7 Laps (65pts) Time: 04:02:30.3
- 1st place- #124 Guylaine Chiasson 5 Laps (80pts) Time: 04:24:48.1
- 2nd place – #125 Audrey Normandeau 4 laps (70pts) Time: 04:03:10.0
- 1st place #1007 Wheelie Awesome (Pat & Stephen) 6 Laps (80pts) 04:27:04.4
- 2nd place #1005 Pokey Moms (Karen & Natalie) 4 Laps (70pts) 03:53:04.7
- 1st Place – #1001 David and his clone (David & Xavier) 7 Laps (80pts) 04:35: 56.6
- 2nd place- #1004 McIntyre Madness (Pierre & Emilie Chloé) 4 Laps (70 pts) 02:40:59.8
- 1st place- #1003 Les Bardaseux Chaleureux (Benoit & Patrick) 14 Laps (80pts) 040:07:36.9-
- 2nd place- #1002 Gear Crushers (Etienne & Pascal) 14 Laps (70 pts) 04:14:20.6
- 3rd place- #1006 Team Tomlin (Marguerite & Zephyr) 11 Laps (65pts) 03:59:51.1
Bike Miramichi would like to thank all of their members and their sponsors:
- Incline Sports
- Northumberland Coop Timber Mart
- Todd Smith
And thank you to those who volunteered the day of the event. Thank you to Mr. Eric Léger, commissioner for the event.