Tis the Season to Shop Local
by Discover Miramichi
With the holidays quickly approaching, we know it can be difficult to come up with that “perfect gift”! Have no fear, we’ve put together a list of 20+ gift ideas for you that can be found right here on the Miramichi at our local businesses!
1. These sweet ornaments make the perfect gift for an ornament exchange or secret Santa. See Miramichi Squirrels at the Newcastle Farmers Market 10-2 on Fridays.
2. We know that she won’t be disappointed by a gift box by the Sweet Soaperie with luxurious bath bombs and soaps! Available at Newcastle Farmer’s Market Fridays 10 am – 2 pm
3. Find beautiful handcrafted jewellery by Seven Threads at the Water St. Market, every Saturday from 9 am – 1 pm & Wednesdays 4 pm – 7 pm
4. A member of the Downtowns Miramichi, Newcastle Business district – Town Hill Jewellery and gifts will help you find the perfect something for that someone special
5. Keep her cozy this winter with a new fleece jacket from Miramichi Pronature.
6. This Browning Wasatch shirt from Miramichi Pronature makes the perfect gift for the hunter in your life.
7. It’s the gift that keeps on giving; renew that special someone’s membership to the Miramichi Golf & Country Club for the 2017 season! You can even do this in ten easy payments
8. Speaking of renewals, how about renewing their trail pass so that they can hit the trails of Miramichi this winter?
9. Nothing says “There’s Snow-One Like You” like a gift card to Wilson’s Trailside Pub! Better yet, how about a night in one of their luxurious cottages?
10. If it’s a winter adventure for the whole family you seek, book a getaway to Storeytown Cottages to try their awesome outdoor winter activities!
11. For the kid who has everything, try a gift card to Escape Miramichi! Great fun for the whole family!
12. For the adult who has everything – tickets to the 2017 Folksong Festival go on sale December 2. With Natalie McMaster as a headliner, this is one you don’t want to miss!
13. Don’t show up to a holiday party empty handed this year, leave the baking to the experts at Cake A Chance, with delicious, festive holiday sweets!
14. For the fishermen in your life book a special river adventure for 2017. Four fishing sessions in exclusive, private pools and two overnights in a Miramichi Riverbank cabin at Pond’s Resort for $399 + HST.
15. They say it’s better to give than receive, but why not get a little bang for your buck! Check out these awesome month-long specials from Pita Pit Miramichi.
16. Whether it’s for your 20 year old to enjoy Thundermug Thursday, or for your grandmother to enjoy pasta Tuesday, BP Miramichi gift cards are a great gift with a treat for you as well! Purchase a $50 gift card and get a $10 card in return!
17. Everyone loves Chinese food as a New Years eve treat, how about a gift card for the family for Trans Palace Miramichi!
18. Have a Happy Paw-Lidays and give a special getaway – to your pet! Check out our four ideas for your four legged friends here!
19. The Gift Shop (Riverside Treasures) at the Atlantic Salmon Museum offers something for all the fishing lovers in your life; there are beautiful works of art, clothing and fishing books! You can purchase in the winter months by appointment!
20. After all that holiday turkey and New Years Resolutions coming up, we’re sure anyone would appreciate a River City Fitness membership! River City Fitness also offers yoga, supplements and tanning! You can’t go wrong with a gift card here!
List compiled by the folks at Discover Miramichi, visit www.discovermiramichi.com
Giv’er Miramichi is about “What’s up, what’s new, what’s happening”. We are focused on building people up, supporting one another and celebrating our successes.