150 Things to Do In The Miramichi Region (1-25)
April 21, 2017///Community & Fundraising
In honour of Canada 150 Discover Miramichi put together a list of 150 fun things to do in Miramichi this year! Here is the first 25:
- We’ll get the most exciting one out of the way, experience tight lines with our fantastic salmon fishing.
- Feel your heart race as you cross New Brunswick’s longest suspension foot bridge across the South West Miramichi River.
- Have you ordered your Parks Canada free park entry pass yet?
- April 28-30 hear the harrowing tale of Canada’s Forgotten Father, Peter Mitchell at Giles Leblanc Theatre (Carrefour Beausoleil)
- Ride the rails on the Whooper Passenger train replica
- Enjoy a leisurely hike to Fall Brook Falls
- You won’t want to miss A Taste of Miramichi from May 15 – June 11 as local chefs highlight the grub that they feel best represents our region.
- Give Stand Up Paddle Boarding a try.
- Pack a few extra napkins to prepare for the Rotary Rib Fest! Coming to Miramichi May 26-28.
- Have a need for speed? The first points meet will be held at the Miramichi Dragway Park from May 27-28!
- Taste Pond’s Resort’s signature drink – the smoked salmon martini.
- Are you all about that Bass? You’ll definitely want to participate in the Striper Cup from May 26-28.
- See history come to life at the Doak House where you learn skills from days gone by such as butter churning!
- Cruise in style with a Country Haven ATV tour along the Miramichi river.
- Take in a song or a show at the Miramichi Folk Lore Park.
- Enjoy a tour through time as you learn about Miramichi’s rich Acadian and ship building history.
- Help prepare a traditional aboriginal meal at an outdoor cooking shelter. Linger by the campfire to hear more about aboriginal tradition and culture with a Taste of Metepenagiag – Ookdotaan
- Wake up early to see off the fishing boats in a magnificent display as they head off for a day of lobster fishing.
- Speaking of boats, you’ll want to be river front from July 7-9 as the Tall Ships anchor in Miramichi.
- Pack a picnic lunch to enjoy on the shore of the Tabusintac light house!
- Why go camping when you can go Glamping? Enjoy a night in the Kouchibouguac National Park o’TENTiks
- The kids will love “Come Play on Our River” a camp that teaches fly tying, fishing, canoe & wilderness skills.
- Looking for a unique dining experience? Enjoy a taste of the Caribbean in Miramichi with Jerk Chicken night at the Jane Street Grill.
- Learn about the life cycle of the Atlantic Salmon while exploring our hatchery.
- From July 10-12 learn the art of salmon fishing with Upper Oxbow Adventures & MROC Lodges. Package includes lodging, guides, instruction, meals & top of the line equipment!