2014 Miramichi River Guide Open for Submissions
Calling all photographers and writers who love the Miramichi region! It’s that time of year again! Mighty Miramichi is now accepting submissions for their annual Miramichi River Guide to be distributed throughout the greater Miramichi region for tourists and locals to enjoy.
If you have some fabulous photos of the area; knowledge of local history or genealogy; a favourite place you love to visit; tips about fiddlehead picking, fly fishing, hiking, cross country skiing or any Miramichi related activity; then the annual Miramichi River Guide wants to hear from you!
Some topics we are exploring for the 2014 issue are:
- Day trips for motorcyclists, including photos from your trips, where to stop along the route, etc.
- Historic houses to visit
- On the River experiences, from upriver to the bay we all experience the river differently, whether it is canoeing, swimming, tubing, boating, exploring islands, fishing, going to the beach, etc.
- Your lobster fishing boat experience
- Local community profiles
- Free day out! Budget friendly things to do with the kids or just for adults. What are the FREE things to do in the Miramichi?
- Food! Tours, where to buy fresh, seasonal items, recipes, or how do you enjoy Miramichi favourites like salmon, fiddleheads and blueberries?
- Boating! Where to go, islands to explore, marinas, available docks, places to eat and visit close to the water, etc.
- Day trips from Miramichi – Kouchibouquac, Bouctouche, the Aquarium and Marine Centre in Shippagan, and more!
- New events planned for this year, festivals, concerts, exhibits, etc.
Written submissions should be 250 – 500 words. Or send up to six high-resolution photographs.
The deadline for submissions is February 28th, 2014. Email with River Guide Submission as your subject line.
Giv’er Miramichi is about “What’s up, what’s new, what’s happening”. We are focused on building people up, supporting one another and celebrating our successes.
Leave a Comment