150 Things to do in the Miramichi Region (26-50)
May 7, 2017///Community & Fundraising
In honour of Canada 150 Discover Miramichi put together a list of 150 fun things to do in Miramichi this year! Click here to read the first 25. Here is 26-50:
- Looking for something to do with Mom this mother’s day? Why not take her out for Brunch to Mulligan’s for their annual mother’s day brunch!
- Take your appreciation of Mi’kmaq culture to a whole new level with an overnight retreat in a tipi and an evening of storytelling by the campfire in Metepenagiag.
- Relax in the Hot Tub while overlooking the river at Storeytown Cottages
- What better way to spend a summer Sunday than watching live music as the sun falls over the river behind you? Check out Beaubear’s Island symphony at sunset.
- Got an axe to grind? You’ll want to check out the Lumber Jack games at the Central NB Woodmen’s Museum in August!
- Stay in a room with 100 year old character but modern flair listed on Canada’s historical places of interest at the King George Bed & Breakfast.
- Want to feel the hairs on the back of your neck stand up? Explore Wilson’s Point by nightfall with a graveyard tour, July 8 & August 5.
- After hours in the car or on the plane, a good stretch is what you need. The Yoga Block is open now!
- Cross the last remaining covered bridge in Northumberland county at Nelson Hollow.
- Try your hand at upland bird hunting on the Ledge’s Inn’s 200 acre pheasant reserve.
- Celebrate Canada 150 at a traditional country fair. The Doaktown Fair will be held from June 29 – July 3.
- BYOL – bring your own lobster to Tabusintac Chalets for an old fashioned boil up for no extra charge when you book your stay!
- Lazily float your way down the river with Stewart’s Tubing.
- Don’t forget the sunscreen for a day of lying on the beach relaxing at Kouchibouguac national park.
- Looking for cozy accommodations close to the beach & trails? Book your stay at Kouchibouguac resort!
- Immerse yourself in the history while walking along sandy beaches and learning about the plight of the Irish immigrants who were quarantined on Middle Island.
- Ice cream & mini golf? You can find the best of both worlds at Maurie’s Mini Putt
- Watch the parade of boats, enjoy traditional aboriginal dance & music and shop your way through the artisan village at the Fishermen’s Powwow on July 1-2 at Waterford Green.
- Grab nine of your closest friends to cruise to Beaubear’s Island in style in the 26ft voyageur canoe!
- Refuel after your hike to Fall Brook Falls with home made desserts from the Village Family Restaurant in Doaktown.
- See your son catch his first salmon while enjoying a father-son bonding package at Country Haven.
- Catch the spring migration, bring your binoculars for a day of bird watching in Tabusintac!
- Don’t forget to book your Nama-Stay in Miramichi for August 26. You won’t want to miss the second annual Yoga Fest!
- Learn about the Miramichi river region… from the river with Miramichi River Boat tours.
- Dare the dark with the Headless Nun Experience. Go into the depths of French Fort Cove as you uncover the legend of the Headless Nun. Surprises await at every turn! ($10)