Vote Renous NB for Kraft Hockeyville
The campaign to win this year’s Kraft Hockeyville is in full swing! The Tom Donovan Arena in Renous, NB has made it to the Top 4 and is the only East Coast location in the running. The Grand Prize winning community will win $250,000 in arena upgrades and the opportunity to host an NHL® Pre-Season hockey game.
The bid for Kraft Hockeyville was submitted in memorial of Thomas Dunn, a 14 year old boy and young hockey player whose life was taken in an accident this past year. The improvements to the arena will be made in his honour.
The outpouring of community spirit and support that has resulted, is both overwhelming and inspiring. Messages, photos, and videos of support from schools, hockey teams, businesses and individuals have been pouring in from all across Canada and the US.
How to Vote
Vote online at www.krafthockeyville.ca from
1:00 PM Friday March 29th to 9:30 pm Saturday March 30th (Atlantic Time)
You must have a valid email address to vote.
Visit the Renous Hockeyville website
For voting information, photos, videos, articles, where to buy t-shirts and hats, and to learn more about Thomas Dunn, the boy who is the inspriation behind all this, visit the website: www.renoushockeyville2019.wordpress.com
Also join the Facebook group for updates:
All the Ways you Can Participate
- Highlight March 29th and 30th on your calendar!
- VOTE!! Go online and “Vote” as many times as possible between March 29th – 1 pm until March 30th- 9:30 pm (Atlantic time). You simply need an email account to be eligible. Voters must be 13 years of age or older.
- Create awareness by celebrating “Jersey Day” on March 29th in every school, business and community in New Brunswick.
- We are asking all New Brunswick schools to “Give 20 for Tom” on March 29th. Each principal would allot 20 minutes to students and staff to vote. We are hoping that as soon as someone is signed up and knows how to vote, they are much more likely to continue voting after school Friday and Saturday.
- Window Display Challenge – to all NB schools and businesses. Create a window display to show your support for Renous’s Tom Donovan Arena in their race to win the title of Kraft Hockeyville. Take a picture of your staff/students with your display and post it to social media with the #Renous2019KHV or #NeverDunn.
- Add a frame to your Facebook profile pic in support of Renous! -click the link.
Giv’er Miramichi is about “What’s up, what’s new, what’s happening”. We are focused on building people up, supporting one another and celebrating our successes.