Community & Fundraising

On the Twelfth Day of Christmas …

By Giv'er Miramichi / January 5, 2013 / Comments Off on On the Twelfth Day of Christmas …

A Photographic Memory by Kellie Underhill A few years ago I watched a film called Fathers and Sons. It’s well worth watching if you haven’t seen it. The characters say things we all think, and then wonder if anybody else thinks that way too. So many parts stuck with me, brought me to tears, inspired [Read More…]

Read More

On the Eleventh Day of Christmas …

By Giv'er Miramichi / January 4, 2013 / Comments Off on On the Eleventh Day of Christmas …

Lying to Santa by Sara Princiotta The annual childhood stress started shortly after Remembrance Day, when we went to the Christmas party my dad’s Union threw for all the employees’ kids. There was a magic show put on by a local amateur magician, unlimited free doughnuts and pop, and then a few hundred kids would [Read More…]

Read More

On the Ninth Day of Christmas …

By Giv'er Miramichi / January 2, 2013 / Comments Off on On the Ninth Day of Christmas …

One Perfect Christmas by Ellen (Doyle) MacDonald There are moments in time that are forever immortalized in our memories. Often, these include events that jar us out of our daily routines, tug at our emotions and force us to take notice. Perhaps we are ambushed and thrust into change brought about by circumstance. Or something [Read More…]

Read More

On the Eighth Day of Christmas …

By Giv'er Miramichi / January 1, 2013 / Comments Off on On the Eighth Day of Christmas …

A Poem by Jules Keenan Christmas snow capped treetops fill the now ever so elegant winter wonderland of a forest hiding in your backyard Pine tree branches hanging low create little hideaways for children with only the best imaginations to seek and find while children play in their own secret world parents go to work [Read More…]

Read More

On the Fourth Day of Christmas …

By Giv'er Miramichi / December 28, 2012 / Comments Off on On the Fourth Day of Christmas …

Christmas Dinner by Sara Princiotta My grandparents on my mother’s side have 10 children, and those 10 children have produced an average of four children, and some of those four children are now having kids. When we all get together for Christmas dinner at my grandparents’ house, we have to eat at long plywood tables [Read More…]

Read More

On the Third Day of Christmas …

By Giv'er Miramichi / December 27, 2012 / Comments Off on On the Third Day of Christmas …

A Poem by Anna Sturgeon Snow Snowflakes falling from the sky Christmas time is here The white dove starts to fly so high To celebrate the New Year Snowmen frozen in the snow People try to keep warm In the house, kids will go To get in from the snowstorm Snowflakes falling from the sky [Read More…]

Read More

Peace & Love, A Poem by Paula Grattan

By Giv'er Miramichi / December 17, 2012 / Comments Off on Peace & Love, A Poem by Paula Grattan

Peace & Love Anger surrounds me Frustration too so clear Indifference, Indifference Drowning in Indifference Why don’t they care? Shouldn’t they care? I do, I do Will you care with me? Friend come with me Hold my hand We’ll walk through a field Look at the beauty around us Friend come with me Hold my [Read More…]

Read More

Submissions Call for our Annual Twelve Days of Christmas Event

By Giv'er Miramichi / November 25, 2012 / Comments Off on Submissions Call for our Annual Twelve Days of Christmas Event

It’s almost that time again! Every year Bread ‘n Molasses hosts a spectacular holiday event called the “Twelve Days of Christmas”. It’s one of our most popular publishing seasons and many readers look forward to it all year long. The “Twelve Days of Christmas” submission file is now open! Send us your holiday memories, short [Read More…]

Read More

TNB Returns to the Miramichi!

By Giv'er Miramichi / November 24, 2012 / Comments Off on TNB Returns to the Miramichi!

Congratulations to Joanne Robertson! She left a comment on this post telling us which holiday classic was her favourite and won a pair of tickets to the evening performance of TNB’s “It’s a Wonderful Life” in Miramichi on December 15th!  For the first time since the 2005-2006 season Theatre New Brunswick will return to the [Read More…]

Read More

Rovin’ Joe Smith, the Poet Outlaw of Dungarvon River

By Giv'er Miramichi / November 13, 2012 / Comments Off on Rovin’ Joe Smith, the Poet Outlaw of Dungarvon River

On Thursday, November 22nd 2012, the Heritage Players will present their newest production “An Evening at Paul Kingston’s with Rovin’ Joe Smith the Poet Outlaw of Dungarvon River on the 100th Anniversary of His Death by Drowning at Holmes’ Lake” ! This performance will take place at the spacious Renous Recreation Centre and will feature [Read More…]

Read More

New Brunswick Playwrights Call for Submissions

By Giv'er Miramichi / November 1, 2012 / Comments Off on New Brunswick Playwrights Call for Submissions

Emerging and established New Brunswick playwrights are invited to submit their short opening act plays for New Voices for consideration for further development by Theatre New Brunswick (TNB), NotaBle Acts Theatre Festival (NB Acts) and Playwrights Atlantic Resource Centre (PARC). Deadline for submissions is DECEMBER 31, 2012. “Part of TNB’s mission is to celebrate New [Read More…]

Read More

Opera Così fan tutte by the Jeunesses Musicales du Canada to Tour NB

By Giv'er Miramichi / October 24, 2012 / Comments Off on Opera Così fan tutte by the Jeunesses Musicales du Canada to Tour NB

The opera Così fan tutte performed by the Jeunesses Musicales du Canada (JMC) will make eight stops in New Brunswick this November and December in Dalhousie, Caraquet, Bathurst, Miramichi, Bouctouche, Moncton, Fredericton and Edmundston. Composed by Mozart, this light comic opera will bring delight to all. About Così fan tutte… This year, JMC has decided [Read More…]

Read More

Countdown to Culture Days: Historic Paintout in Miramichi

By Giv'er Miramichi / September 25, 2012 / Comments Off on Countdown to Culture Days: Historic Paintout in Miramichi

Chatham’s historic downtown will be pulsing with the creative passion of artists this Saturday as members of the Miramichi Art Core take to the streets for a Paintout in celebration of Culture Days. This is the second year the Miramichi Art Core will participate in Culture Days with a Historic Paintout in and around Chatham’s [Read More…]

Read More